GetSavvi Health (“the Company”) are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology to provide you, the User of the Website (“the User”), a safe online experience. This statement of privacy applies to www.getsavvi.co.za (“the Website”) and governs data collection and usage. By using the Website you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of the User’s Personal Information
- Where provided by the User, the Company collect the User’s confidential information such as their name, identity number, email address, home or work address and telephone number. The Company also collect demographic information which is not necessarily unique to the User such as the postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites (collectively referred to as the “confidential information”).
- Information regarding the User’s computer hardware and software are automatically collected by the Company. This information can include the User’s IP address, browser type, domain name(s), access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by the Company for the operation of the Website, to maintain quality of the Website, and to obtain general statistics regarding use of the Website.
- All information of any nature directly disclosed on the Website (on a public forum such as the public message boards) may be collected and/or used by other users and/or third parties.
- The Company will not be responsible for the privacy policies and/or any content of any third party websites linked to the Website for any reason whatsoever. The User is solely responsible for reviewing the privacy statements of these third party websites in order to understand how these websites collect, use and share the User’s information.
Use of your Confidential Information
- Where provided by the User, the Company may collect and make use of the User’s confidential information to operate the Website and deliver any of their products available thereon (where applicable).
- The Company may make use of the User’s confidential information to contact the User regarding products or services available from the Company and/or its affiliates. The Company may also contact the User to conduct market research regarding the User’s opinion on the Company’s current services or of potential new services that may be offered by the Company.
- The Company will not sell, rent nor lease the User’s confidential information to third parties but may, from time to time, contact the User on behalf of the Company’s trusted business partners regarding a particular offering that the Company believe may be of interest to the User. In such a case the User’s confidential information will not be transferred to such a third party, except when the Company share confidential information with their trusted business partners to assist the Company in performing statistical analysis, to send the User an email or postal mail, provide User support or arrange for deliveries to the User. All such third parties are prohibited from using the User’s confidential information (save as provided above and except where required to be provided to a registered credit provider) and the Company endeavour to ensure that they maintain the confidentiality of the User’s information.
- The User may elect to “opt-out” of being contacted in terms of clauses 6 and 7 above by emailing the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org and by heading the email “OPT-OUT”.
- The Company will not use nor disclose to third parties sensitive personal information such as race, religion or political affiliations without the User’s consent.
- The Company keep track of the websites and pages the User visits within the Website in order to determine what products are most popular. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising to Users whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- The Website will disclose the User’s confidential information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process; b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company; and c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of the Users or the general public.
- The Website uses “cookies” to assist the User in personalising their online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on the User’s hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs nor deliver viruses to the User’s computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to the User, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to the User.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save the User time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that the User has returned to a specific page. For example, if the User enters personalised information on the Website, then cookies help the Website to recall the User’s specific information on subsequent visits. When the User returns to the Website, then the information previously provided can be retrieved so that the User can easily use the Company features that have been customised to that User.
- The User has the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can usually modify its browser settings to decline cookies. If the User chooses to decline cookies then he/she may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website.
Security of your Confidential Information
- The Company secure the User’s confidential information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When confidential information is entered by the User on the Website, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement